Monday, May 2, 2011

Amazing Week

Dear Family,
I would first like to say, Happy May! You know the common saying that April showers bring May flowers, but I am not sure what happens if there aren't many showers in April what happens in May. We have been having gorgeous weather. The sun has been shining really non-stop. I don't really remember it raining at all last week. It might be different this week. Today is a little cloudy. So I guess I'll begin by letting you know about Mother's Day. We haven't really made definite plans yet, but I'll get back to you on Friday. If you could though, send me the user name or email address you'll be using to call so that I can have that come mother's day and let the people we are doing it with know. I'll probably call in the morning between 8 and 11. I'm looking forward to talking to you. Thank you also for sending back my package. Hopefully i can get it a week from Tuesday when I go to Limerick for District Meeting.
Speaking of the Royal wedding, I was actually shocked that so many people watched it here in Ireland. It was all over and we were allowed to watch it, but couldn't think of anyone we could go watch it with. No matter though, it was only a civil wedding at the heart of it. Thankfully we have the temple. Many of the members were speaking about that in their testimonies since they just barely had the temple trip.
Now onto more important things. All of our investigators are doing really well. Emmanuel came to church and loved it. He got up and bore his testimony and held up the Book of Mormon and said, "This book is true." We were amazed that he did that. Rada and her family came as well and are looking forward to being baptized at the end of the month. We are working on getting skype set up with this missionary in scotland who speaks romanian. Also on Thursday we were walking around and it was quite hot and I was thirsty so I decided to go buy a water bottle, but as I was looking in my change bag, we heard someone behind us call our names and looked and it was this man who we met a couple of weeks ago and he invited us over to his house right there and fed us a little bit and is really interested in learning about our church. I'll tell you more about him next Sunday. Hopefully there will more exciting things to tell.
So I was also wondering if you could email me some recipes for casseroles and lasagna. Thanks a ton if you can do that. Well, that's all the time I have for today.

Love,
Elder Buxton

No comments:

Post a Comment