Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sad, Sad, Day


Dear Family,
We got our moves call on Sunday and Elder Baumann and I are staying here in Ayr, the only thing is that they moved out the other Elders so we're the only missionaries left in Ayr and cover the entire ward now. The reason the subject is "Sad, sad day" is because we also have to move to the other Elders' flat in Ayr which as you remember from my first email is not very good. That's why we're sad because we have to move from our nice flat in Prestwick (we like to call it "The Great and Spacious Flat") to this not very good one. We'll be very busy now seeing as how we cover the whole ward now. My new address is now:
32 Mossgiel Road
Ayr KA7 3DL
Scotland

So you can use this address until late september when the next transfer is. I'm also going to email home all of my pictures or as many as I can. So the week in review. Patrick was confirmed on Sunday by Bishop Gilardi and then after church recieved the Aaronic Priesthood. He's doing great. We also had Robert, a new investigator that we found come to church as well. He's progressing nicely and read everything we give him and enjoys church. He really only need to get his answer that the Book of Mormon is true and he'll be golden for baptism. We're also teaching these youths ages 16-19. One named Terry that I told you earlier really wants to be baptized. It'll be exciting when he does. On Wednesday we had my first zone conference with President Kapeska (I don't know how to spell his name), the area president of Europe. He first had us write down a few question that we wanted answered and gave us 10 minutes for that. Then amazingly my questions were answered during the meeting. So he challenged us to do this with our investigators and church. Have them write a question down and bring it to church. If we have the faith it will be answered during the services. It may not even be directly addressed, but the spirit works so that it will be. It was a great meeting we had in Glasgow. So that's really whats been happening. oh yeah, we will have another baptism soon of Siobhan (Sha-vaughn is how you pronounce it). She will be baptized on August 28th. She's really great and accepts everything we teach her. So was in the other elder's area, but is now ours! yeah for baptisms! So Elder Shenton went home today and Elder Madsen is going to Aberdeen to train which leaves Elder Baumann and I here alone. That's another reason why we're sad.

I got both packages and am really happy to have them. The postcards were nice and the trousers fit well. I like my new scriptures. I just used my camera cord to send you some pictures that i hope you'll enjoy and show  people what scotland looks like. I think I'll take more pictures of Ayr though to send home. I also appreciated the package all about Corey. It really made me feel like I was there. In way of care packages people could send me. I guess i'd enjoy american ice cream, but that would be hard to ship here. American candy bars would be nice like snickers and butterfingers. I really can't think of anything right now, but anything anyone sends would be really appreciated and I would celebrate all day. It would really brighten my day a lot. Really though I like to hear from people. Thanks for all that you do

I love you all,
Elder Buxton

Patrick who Jeff helped Teach, 1st Baptism!!




Preston England Temple


MTC Group



Typical Jeff pose, he still hasn't changed a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment