Monday, October 18, 2010

Four Months Out

Dear Family,
Did you know that four months ago I entered the MTC? It's crazy how fast the time goes when you're serving a mission for the Lord. We are doing well here in Elgin. We had an interesting week full of tracting. We've lost contact with Dean Wells, and Tommy which is really unfortunate, but we were blessed as we went tracting and amazingly found 16 new investigators (a new investigator is someone who has been taught a principle and has accepted a return appointment). I really hope that they keep their first appointments and continue on in the Gospel. I am really hopeful for four of them. We were tracting in Lossiemouth which is north of Elgin and we tracted into a lady and her son, Mandy and Jonathan who seemed really accepting of the things that we were teaching them on their doorsteps. Mandy even said that she loved learning about prophecies. We placed a Book of Mormon with them and I really feel that they will embrace it. The other in that same area is named Maggie who said that she is really confused about religion and wants some direction so we testified that she can get that from the Book of Mormon. We see both of them on Wednesday and will let you know how that goes. The last in named David Nain. He is a member referral and I think is interested. I really hope that it turns out the way we hope for him. We gave him a Plan of Salvation Pamphlet and a Book of Mormon. For the most part, all of the other new investigators seem a little iffy at the moment, but you never know what will happen. We are looking forward to this week since we have a lot of first appointments with investigators. We just hope that we can get the members involved with the effort as well. They like to feed us a lot which is really good. I just need to remember not to eat so much or else I'll blow up like a balloon. Anyways, I feel that our trust with the members is growing every week. I really hope that we can keep this up. On Tuesday I have the amazing opportunity to go on exchanges in Inverness which is exciting. It will be interesting since I am going with Elder Manning from Holiday, Utah and has been in the field for a little over 2 weeks now. It'll be good.
So the business that I think that you're talking about across the street from our flat is the British Red Cross. Nothing really that interesting. Thanks for sending me Sister Bourne's information about her family. Hopefully I can go to Aberdeen or even ask the missionaries there is they know them. Also, please mention to David Sneed that I know a missionary in the Colorado Denver North Mission. It was my roommate, Kevin Hodgeson. He left on his mission in May so he's been out for about 5 months now.
I would like to thank you for writing me to consistently every week and I would like to encourage others to send me letters so they can get a really nice personalized letter from. I love hearing from people and I love spreading the gospel and seeing the light in people's eyes increase as we share our unique message to the world. I love you all and hope that you have a good week and carry pass along cards with you just in case you have the opportunity to share the gospel.

With much love,
Elder Buxton

Here are some of the pictures that Jeff emailed us last week:





No comments:

Post a Comment