Monday, June 6, 2011

Belfast

ear family,
How are you doing? We are doing well here in Belfast. A little about the area. It's north of Belfast city centre and is mainly houses and the suburban area of Beflast. Our area isn't that big and the we really only use one bus that takes up and down Antrim Road, the main street. So I like it so far. I'm sending a few pictures that I have taken recently and of our flat. As far as things go, We are still teaching that man that I told you about. His name is Jimmy McGoldrick and he is doing well and really loving following our teachings. He is scheduled to be baptized on the 25th of this month. He also goes to the adult institute that the ward has on Tuesdays. He has really been prepared by the Lord. We are also teaching a man named Mark who has family in the church in Colraine and attended church with them there. Hopefully we can get him excited about coming to church and being baptized. Other than that we have been some finding and looking to see who is interested. Elder Burgess and I are excited to work with one another.
An interesting thing happened on Sunday as a new bishop was called in Cavehill. His name is Bishop d'Hulst. I believe he is originally from Utah and served a mission here and liked it so much that he moved back here. He has been bishop before and I look forward to serving with him. The previous bishop, Bishop Boyd was released because well, God commanded it, but his wife just had a brain aneurysm and he needs more time to run the house and go to work.
Also I was wondering if you could send me some deodorant since they really only sell the spray kind here. Thanks. Maybe some butterfingers as well.
The weather here wasn't so bad when I arrived, in fact it was quite hot. I don't know the exact temperature, but then the weather turned rainy on Sunday, but it wasn't too bad. I don't really know what it will be like this week, but I'm guessing that it will be typical Irish weather.
I'm also glad that everyone back home seems to be doing well.
Love,
Elder Buxton
P.S. Funny story: I was almost kissed by another guy, but I stiffed armed him and we walked away.





No comments:

Post a Comment