Monday, March 14, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

Dear Family,
How are you all? I am doing well. We are getting things going once again, nonetheless, we still have our setbacks. This weeks is moves week. Normally we email on Wednesday, but President Giffiths wanted us to read his email today so that we stay focused. Yesterday we got a call and Elder Ellett got moved to Falkirk which is near Edinburgh. I am staying here and getting a new companion named Elder Manwarrying. I don't anything about him. So I'll let you know more next week. He's coming from the Bridge of Don Ward which is in Aberdeen. I'm excited for the new adventure of getting a new companion. The only trouble is that I really don't know Galway very well. It's a big area and there are some places that I really don't know how to get to. This is really a baptism of fire, but I'll get to know really well these next few weeks. So don't worry, I'll figure things out. It'll be great.
So as far as Irish culture goes. All that I know that they do on St. Patrick's Day is have parades in the morning and then they drink at night. For many it's just an excuse to drink and get wasted. That's there culture though. I don't know what they eat other than I know that many will be drinking Guinness. I don't really know what we will be doing on that day. I just hope and pray that we stay out precarious situations.
As far as things this week. We weren't able to teach Keith this week since he was working out of town. We still haven't been in contact with him. Peter has been a struggle. He wants to quit smoking, but when we did the stop smoking program with him, you're to have them crush a pack of cigarettes in front of us to show that you're over the cigarettes, but no matter how much we tried, he wouldn't do it. He also said that he would come to church, but didn't. On to brighter news though. We are now teaching this lady named Noreen. She's a young mother with a baby of 4 months. She seemed interested and willing to investiagate. We are excited to teach her. Also we had quite of few visitors from America at church on Sunday. They were all from Utah. It's always good to have visitors. One asked for your number to call you just to let you know that I'm still alive. Also this past week we tracting into a lady named Cyrth (she pronounced it Cynthia, don't ask why). She let us in and thought we were going to tell her Bible stories. She loves the Bible and reads it everyday. However it seems she is quite involved in her own church so we don't know.
I am doing well. It is funny to hear that Elder Doxey is losing weight which is the opposite of here where everyone gains weight. I got the sweatshirt in Elgin from  ASDA about 2 months ago. I haven't gotten the package yet. Nor have I gotten thing you sent for valentine's Day. Hopefully it will come before I end my mission. 

I love you all,
Elder Buxton

No comments:

Post a Comment